With Dragon for Mac Medical, version 5, it's now easier to capture your patient's story—with richer detail and greater accuracy—in EHR or other applications.
Support for OS X® Yosemite (10.10)
– In addition to OS X Mavericks (10.9)
More accurate and faster
–Higher performance with drastically reduced latency and faster editing with pure 64-bit application and improved memory management capabilities
–Improved accuracy over version 3, with optimizations for latest speech recognition technology
Updated medical vocabularies
-Better performance and improved recognition and accuracy for over 90 medical specialties
–New Support for “General English” vocabulary
–“General English” profile can be created for greater accuracy when dictating outside of medical work, such as for personal use
More control within applications
– Compose and reply to emails inGmail ™ using full text controls, doing dictation and editingnatively without having to transfer any text
– In Safari ® and Firefox ® , use voicecommands to control your Gmailinbox, giving you even morevoice capability within popularapplications
– Use your voice to click on any visible link – User your voice to open emails
Powerful transcription of recordings into text
–Accurately transcribe a pre-recorded audio file or podcast of a single speaker’s voice with the same accuracy for medical terminology as transcribing your own voice recording
–Only a 90-second audio clip is required to create a profile for the speaker
–Support of voice files in many different formats, including .mp3 audio files
–In addition to .aif .aiff .wav .mp4 .m4a .m4v
–Great for transcribing a colleague’s pre-recorded medical notes, medical podcasts from the Internet, or for medical assistants to transcribe each clinicians’ recorded notes
–Multiple voice capture and dictation sources are allowed per profile so the clinician can easily manage recordings in varying environments using their profile and customizations
- Dragon Dictate Medical for Mac is the ultimate speech recognition software. Medical professionals on the Mac platform have a fast and easy way to transcribe their appointment and medical record notes directly into the world’s most popular EHR systems and other applications , with virtually no spelling errors.INCREASE YOUR PRODUCTIVITYDragon Dictate Medical for Mac lets clinicians dictate faster and more accurately than ever before. With up to 99% accuracy right out of the box, and more than 90 medical vocabularies to choose from, Dragon Dictate Medical for Mac’s increased speed and accuracy lets clinicians spend more time with patients, improving both quality of care and patient satisfaction. Dragon Dictate Medical for Mac adapts to the user’s voice and words used to deliver better recognition results over time, and can be personalized with custom vocabulary words and commands so that dictated text looks that way it should, every time. Add a more powerful correction interface and easy proofing tools such as Dragon Dictate Medical for Mac’s Text-to-Speech feature, and medical documentation is more easily completed.IMPROVE YOUR PRACTICEPhysicians who use Dragon Dictate Medical for Mac report that it significantly improves their enjoyment of practicing medicine. Using Dragon Dictate Medical for Mac results in higher levels of reimbursement than notes built by point-and-click EHR templates alone. More complete, accurate documentation improves coding effectiveness and provides richer detail per patient, giving clinicians greater confidence to code at higher levels than with an EHR system alone. And practice volume increases with faster, more accurate responses, which reduces time spent on documentation, allowing clinicians to see more patients and increase practice revenue and profitability. Finally, Dragon Dictate Medical for Mac helps clinicians use their time more effectively and get home in time for dinner, thus improving physician quality of life.DRAGON SPEAKS YOUR LANGUAGEAs a clinician, having the correct vernacular for the way you practice is essential; Dragon Dictate Medical for Mac contains vocabularies covering more than 90 medical specialties and subspecialties, which ensures proper clinical documentation, and allows physicians to dictate in their own words, generating “once and done” documentation, which they can edit and review. Dragon Dictate Medical for Mac uses the most advanced speech recognition technology, a brand new speech engine, and sophisticated acoustic models and language models, so Dragon Dictate Medical for Mac understands the terminology used by medical professionals.
Built with a specialized medical vocabulary covering more than 90 medical specialties, Dragon for Mac Medical provides a more efficient way to accurately dictate medical record notes directly into EHR or other applications—all by voice.
Spend more time with patients
With the ability to dictate up to 3x faster than typing with up to 99% accuracy, capture detailed, high-quality medical record notes faster than ever before.
Speak your patient’s story
Designed with a specialized medical language model and built-in medical vocabulary covering more than 90 specialties and subspecialties, you can count on outstanding dictation accuracy from the first use.
Built for the way clinicians work.
Whether note-taking in an EHR, sending email, creating custom word lists and voice shortcuts for inserting frequently used text, you can dictate, edit and control your Mac – all by voice.
Transcription of recordings under your control
With powerful transcription features, on-the-go clinicians have the convenience and flexibility to capture detailed medical notes—anywhere, anytime—for later transcription.
Speak freely and with flexibility.
No matter which device you use—a wireless mic in your office, your Mac’s built-in mic or a digital voice recorder—capture rich, detailed clinical narrative using whichever audio source best suits your needs.
Secure patient information
Supports HIPAA patient confidentiality guidelines, a critical requirement for any clinician concerned with patient confidentiality.
Manage EHR and clinical documentation-by voice
Announcing the all-new Dragon Dictate Medical for Mac, version 4. Now available for OS X Yosemite (10.10). Clinicians now have an efficient way to dictate medical record notes accurately, directly into EHR or other applications. Start spending time on what matters—your patients.
Spend more time with patie
Less time taking medical record notes, filling out charts and completing clinical documentation leaves more time for patient care. With more accurate and faster performance, Dragon Dictate Medical for Mac lets clinicians provide richer detail per patient with greater accuracy, and faster than with an EHR system alone. Dictate three times faster than typing with up to 99% accuracy.
Accuracy for medical terminolog
With an enhanced speech engine and vocabularies covering more than 90 medical specialties and subspecialties to ensure proper clinical documentation, Dragon Dictate Medical for Mac quickly and accurately captures specific medical terminology.
Medical documents the way you work
With your voice, create and edit appointments and medical record notes directly into EHR and other applications, improving productivity and quality. Dragon Dictate Medical for Mac works with virtually any EHR. In addition, accurately dictate and edit documents, or control your Mac all by voice within popular web, email and desktop applications such as Microsoft Office or Gmail.
Adapts to your voice
Dragon Dictate Medical for Mac adapts to your voice and words to deliver even better recognition results over time. Easily create custom word lists and macros for frequently used text, giving you the ﬂexibility to customize Dragon Dictate Medical for Mac for the way you work.
Powerful transcription of recordings into text
usy clinicians on-the-go can easily transcribe recorded speech audio files into text. Capture thoughts from anywhere, at any time, while they are still fresh to produce detailed, high-quality medical notes.
Find out if Dragon for Mac Medical works on your computer :
- RAM: 4GB, 8GB+ recommended
- CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 Ghz or faster processor - Intel Core i3, i5 or i7 recommended
- Free hard disk space: 16GB
- Supported Operating Systems: OS X Mavericks (10.9),OS X Yosemite (10.10) or OS X El Capitan (10.11)
- An Internet connection for automatic product activation (a quick anonymous process) and access to online help
- Built-in microphone or a Nuance-approved microphone. Some older devices are no longer supported. See support.nuance.com/compatibility for more information